One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess is the world’s leading international premium cruise line and tour company, carrying millions of guests each year to hundreds of destinations around the globe. With parent company Carnival Corporation, Princess has introduced MedallionClass Vacations. This award-winning innovation offers the fastest way to an effortless, personalized vacation.
We’re looking for an amazing leader for our award-winning in-house creative team. The creative director brings the Princess brand to life. The creative director supervises and mentors the Creative Services team comprised of art director, production artists, graphic designers, coder, print and video production, strategy, asset management, and copywriters. The creative director is charged with delivering brand creative across all virtual and tangible spaces on the ship, online, across all consumer marketing touchpoints as well as supporting our global sales and marketing team and travel advisor partners. This position will be based at our Princess headquarters in Santa Clarita, CA.
Here’s a summary of what Princess is looking for in its Creative Director. Is this you?
- Promote and elevate the brand vision of Princess around the world, understand our brand archetype, our differentiators like MedallionClass, and bring to life our north star across every touchpoint.
- Be a respected, collaborative and visionary leader that sparks excitement to create. Inspire, lead and develop an in-house creative team with a keen appreciation of group dynamics. Coach, challenge and support. Drive a culture of teamwork and collaboration fostering diversity and inclusion, with an understanding of performance/analytics to test, learn and evolve.
- Understand our guests and target audience; be a student of consumers. Follow trends, competitors and culture, assess new data, and keep up-to-date with the latest creative technology. Listen, learn and mine insights that direct the brand to more relevant and stronger performance — developing the right creative for the right time.
- Design and deliver well-crafted creative throughout the consumer journey to meet needs — all virtual and tangible spaces on the ship, across all digital (mobile first) and print consumer marketing, and sales communications.
- Be a co-collaborator with internal and external creative partners. Create a culture of proactive and open communications to share brand design expertise to integrate across the entire business. Provide thought leadership to share brand design and production expertise to integrate across the entire business.
- Direct brainstorming meetings and creative sessions. Set an example — find new stimulus to disrupt your thinking and develop new interests. Stay curious. Provide a clear understanding of strategy, design, copywriting and production processes as well as proven methodologies for identifying and solving problems, managing process and relationships, finding efficiencies, and providing the creative team with more time to think and develop stronger solutions.
- Shape brand guidelines to elevate design and brand tone as a competitive differentiator, and champion procedures to ensure consistency across all external and internal channels. Oversee and build scalable design and production systems which include all aspects of the brand: photography and video style, copy, templates, etc.
- Supervise the creative team’s daily workflow, assign project workload, review creative to ensure accurate and on-strategy creative, and monitor deadlines and budgets. Maximize spend, make trade-off decisions, drive return on investment, and provide monthly report to leadership.
- BA in Graphic Design, Video Production, Communications or related field
- Fifteen-plus years of experience working in creative, with a focus on marketing, advertising or branding; experience working across disciplines and categories at top tier advertising agencies or brands. Five-plus years of experience managing a large multidisciplinary creative team in an agency and/or client-side environment
- Strong Mac skills and fluency/expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, Premiere, After Effects)
- Ability to develop creative solutions when required to pivot
- Knowledgeable in digital, email, social, video content creation, direct mail, and print advertising and design/production best practices
- Collaborative and team-oriented leadership approach with a strong understanding of analytics to help remove subjectivity and improve performance
- Experience managing a high volume of creative and campaign types in parallel, including photo and commercial shoots within budget
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; ability to present concepts and creative vision to team and executive leadership (especially in remote environment)
- Ensure a collaborative "One Team, One Dream" approach comprising both client and agency representatives
- Experience and ability to succeed in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment; attentive to detail
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling
- Up to five photo/video shoots per year, ranging from one day to two weeks in length
- Domestic and international locations will be required, including visits to the ships in the fleet
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience in hospitality or travel
- Cruise and travel privileges for you and your family
- Health benefits
- Flex Friday
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Training and professional development
- Rewards and incentives