We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
Your day to day
Will include 60% of travel
Drives the strategic growth of IHG Brands through the negotiation of management contracts and franchise agreements to maximize value creation for IHG PLC shareholders.
Leads his/her Development region. Ensures IHG business is conducted and business objectives are achieved in compliance with IHG global and regional strategic priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deal Sourcing and Execution – Establishes, builds and nurture a network of productive contacts and relationships to include, but not limited to, real estate development companies, individual and institutional financial investors, hotel owners, hotel brokers and consultants. Develops and manages business relationships with prospective owners/partners and builds relationships with banks/lenders and other various institutional and private investment groups to support IHG’s growth. Executes strategies and annual plans for the distribution of IHG brands within projected time frames.
- Deal Evaluation – Ensure potential opportunities both comply with established standards for the Brands and assists with due diligence efforts to ensure potential partners meet IHG’s Works with internal and external legal and financial professionals as well as IHG’s senior management in other key areas including Design and Construction, Operations, Marketing, and Legal to facilitate analysis, approval, and closure of prospective opportunities and the viability of deals which are consistent with the targeted growth and distribution strategies. Prepares and presents development opportunities and proposals to appropriate parties. May work with outside firms on market feasibility studies, site selections, pro-forma development to appropriately qualify deals and drive distribution into the right locations within targeted markets. Fostering collaboration with external and internal stakeholders.
- Deal Closing – Manages the Owner and IHG internal expectations to efficiently negotiate and execute franchise agreements in an appropriate amount of time. Maintains a high awareness of IHG’s threshold positions on commercial and strategic issues. Continues the relationship with each Owner following the closing of each deal.
- Deal Integration – Transitions responsibilities to other parties (i.e. Design and Construction, Operations) following execution of all development responsibilities, as appropriate. Ensure proper documentation of handover process in internal departments.
- Development Team – Leads, develops and builds capability of indirect reports within the Development team and mentors team members generally, to ensure the delivery of quality franchise agreements.
What we need from you
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and consensus-building skills, effective presentation and interpersonal skills, financial modeling and report writing skills.
- Requires significant travel.
- Qualification in Hotel Management, BS / BA in Business, Finance, or Real Estate; or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 8 years’ of experience in hotel development, hotel management or hospitality consulting firm and/or hospitality company or similar.
- Knowledge of financing principles and deal structuring as well as hotel real estate market. Knowledge of hotel operations highly desired.
- Must have proven track record of deal flow/closure; knowledge of franchise agreements.