Disney Global Travel & Expense Management provides expertise and technology services for all global travelers and card holders on behalf of The Walt Disney Company. Global Travel ensures safe travel services and cost efficiencies by optimizing the company’s preferred global travel supplier network with discounts for all airline, hotel and car rental companies. Expense management provides internal control and support for all card administration and expense processes.
The role of global travel director is to lead the international travel strategy and requires vision, business acumen, perseverance and the ability to build constructive relationships in a multicultured environment.
The Opportunity and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the vice president of global travel and expense management, this role is responsible for all aspects of international supplier management and business development for global travel. This leader will be responsible for delivering efficiencies, creating value, leveraging contemporary technologies, and supporting financial initiatives that impact global travel. This role will provide safe business travel partners and implement continuous improvement initiatives to lower costs.
This leader will be responsible for keeping on top of industry best practices, innovations and supplier management while implementing key process changes where applicable and partnering with key executives. This role will also manage multiple projects simultaneously, including global initiatives business unit assessments and identifying requirements for future technology enhancements. This leader will be responsible for establishing clear and achievable objectives, balancing competing demands for quality, while adapting to company guidelines.
- Ensure that the contracted travel management companies perform according to (or better than) the agreed service-level agreement (SLA).
- Achieve pre-agreed target for online adoption, review travel booking process errors, ensure that duty of care objectives are met (all travel reservations to be uploaded in real time to security provider).
- Address traveler complaints in a timely manner, push TMCs and travel vendors to offer structural solutions to avoid errors.
- Support all businesses and assist them to obtain the service and attention they need in order to achieve their business objectives.
- Research and implement technology solutions to optimize service and reduce cost.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders such as business leaders, country managers, (regional) CFOs, controllership, security, HR, etc.
- Review (performance) reports to assess if the TMC’s comply with agreed service parameters.
- Address policy compliance issues with travelers, their leadership and controllership.
- Initiate and support training for new hires/new users.
- Contribute to team meetings with travel suppliers (airlines, hotel, ground transportation, etc.).
- Conduct fact finding and other discovery sessions to better understand and develop strategic and tactical opportunities/solutions.
- Support new initiatives for all international destinations.
- With continued international growth globally, this leader needs to be agile and proactive and stay knowledgeable on constantly changing travel dynamics.
- This role is based in London, with occasional travel
- Will be supported by a travel coordinator based in Paris
The Experience We Require From You:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Extensive relevant travel leadership and experience in international markets
- Similar leadership role in travel industry preferred
- Microsoft Office, Excel, fully proficient with travel operations and related technologies (GDSs, OBTs)
- Experience using SAP, CONCUR, TMC preferred
- Ability to travel
- Think holistically/offer creative solutions.
- Maintain the highest levels of integrity and openness. Foster an environment where constructive dialogue is the norm.
- Demonstrate respect and understanding for cultural differences. Be inclusive, embrace diversity.
- Strong contract negotiation skills
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance and dental care
- Free park entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney discounts: You are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B, and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity and paternity leave
- Business resource groups such as Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney, etc.