Do you share Hornblower's passion for providing amazing experiences? If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
This role will lead our people function, develop and execute human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the Hornblower Group. The areas included are talent acquisition, succession planning, performance management, training and development, total rewards, employee relations, culture and engagement, org structure, HR ops and much more. The VP of Human Resources will provide strategic leadership by articulating employee needs and plans to the executive management team.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody Hornblower’s RESPECT SERVICE SYSTEM.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits.
- Effectively communicate and support the company s culture, mission and strategic vision.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business goals.
- Hold an essential position within the executive team and function as a strategic business partner to executive/senior management regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Develop employee policies that comply with applicable law and that align with Company’s culture
- Cultural champion: be a champion of our culture, helping the team understand and live our core values through effective programs that promote morale while achieving our company goals.
- Employee development and retention: develop and execute all learning and development initiatives and help drive a high-performance, high-growth mindset that focuses on career development and growth.
- Lead HR functions for multiple locations with solid understanding of multiple state laws and regulations, leading consistency and best practices throughout our different divisions.
- Support the Human Resources Shared Services model across the organization and between divisions
- This position requires up to 25% travel.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 12+ years’ experience in a role growing and leading People, Culture, Talent, and HR teams
- Bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred. Preferred areas of focus include Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Psychology.
- HR certifications such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or others are preferred
- Experience in scaling a fast-growing organization.
- Strong ethical standards, integrity, credibility and character
- Great Leadership skills
- Able to be discreet with confidential/sensitive information
- HR expertise and strong knowledge of Employment Laws, Compliance, and best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and incisive ability to manage employee communications and relations, conflict management, team building and coaching, and ability to guide people through change
- Expertise in designing and running employee engagement programs and surveys; Can turn people data and insights into actions that drive continuous improvement for employee programs
- Can build trust and successfully collaborate cross-functionally with VP’s, C level executives, department heads, getting stakeholder buy-in and adding value through quality advice, counsel and insights
- Empathetic and open-minded with a high level of emotional intelligence
- A forward thinking and inspiring leader that's passionate about the impact of people, yet business-minded and results oriented