Location: New York, Remote Considered (except Colorado)
Vice President - Travel Public Relations Agency (NYC)
FINN Travel Lifestyle public relations practice is looking for a VP to join our expanding team, and work with exciting clients including domestic and international destinations, transportation industries including airlines and the cruise industry, hotels and resorts (including property and brand level), and travel related services. The right candidate will have 8+ years of PR experience, preferable within a PR agency, including a strong record of working with clients and media in travel and tourism, especially at the senior and C-suite level executives. Candidates must have a proven record of: leading and motivating, creating inspiring integrated PR plans/campaigns, in-depth knowledge of social media channel applications, and have a demonstrable track level in delivering excellent media results for clients. The VP will lead a team of PR professionals, work on a variety of clients, and report to and collaborate directly with the Managing Partner of FINN Travel Lifestyle.
FINN Travel Lifestyle is a public relations practice within FINN PARTNERS, the fastest growing integrated marketing agency in the United States. We offer a collaborative, non-hierarchical environment, and an opportunity to grow, learn, and contribute.
This VP role is a full-time position in our global HQ, in NYC. We are also open to applicants who reside in the USA Eastern or USA Central Time Zones and seek a work from home role. We are also open to applicants who reside close to another Finn Partners USA office location and wish to work in-office from that site instead of our NYC office (please refer to www.finnpartners.com to view the Finn Partners USA office locations).
- Lead the execution of integrated and successful travel, tourism, lifestyle public
relations campaigns/programs that exceed client goals.
- Maintain clear and consistent communications; provide proper direction and counsel; and offer problem-solving solutions to clients.
- Develop and grow senior client relationships for client growth and retention
- Help to lead internal travel team and drive growth; provide proper feedback and guidance; motivate to be creative and achieve excellent results.
- Review and develop press materials, including but not limited to press releases, media advisories, key messages, Q&As, and executive remarks.
- Create planning and strategy documents
- Develop and execute successful communications media strategy for clients; manage profitability and financial aspects of accounts.
- Utilize excellent contacts to secure consistent media coverage across a wide range of travel, consumer, lifestyle, business, news, financial, and technology media outlets
- Establish new media contacts to expand reach across print, online, TV, social, radio and podcasts.
- Maintain solid understanding of travel/tourism/hospitality industry landscape; develop opportunistic client storyline recommendations and communication strategy surrounding them.
- Generate new business opportunities and secure new travel clients; research, and participate in new business presentations; develop RFPs that showcase our unique capabilities and proven results.
- Aim client PR efforts with a goal to secure national awards recognition.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Post-graduate degree a plus.
- 8 years of prior Travel/Tourism PR work experience and strong industry media relationships.
- Proven history of leading a team and driving results.
- Experience in working with and guiding C-suite executives.
- Exceptional media relations with top-tier national and trade outlets; proven history of media placements and established contacts.
- Ability to develop, oversee and execute successful media relations – traditional and social media programs.
- Experience in event planning; partnerships and sponsorships.
- Excellent writing and editing skills (familiar with AP style).
- Strong communications skills, project management capabilities and proven problem-solving ability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet all deadlines.
- Effectively work as part of a team, share information freely and support the common goals of the group. A true team player.
- Detail-oriented, organized, hardworking, flexible, thorough.
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your leadership experience in public relations agencies, and indicate your desired salary in $USD (while we appreciate many applicants are negotiable or open, we are asking you to provide your reply in US Dollars please).